[Healeys] 100 Top Bows.

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 01:34:57 MST 2009

Bill

I have not studied this as much as I should have perhaps done but going
on the number I have handled or have fitted to cars it is the slotted
version that is most common. Both my cars have this version but I cannot
honestly say that these were both originals so I cannot speculate about
any change point. There does not appear to be anything in Austin Service
Journals about a change.

I could speculate that without this slot it would be difficult to fold
the hood away in  a small space and therefore the driver's seat might
not go fully back without fouling. Therefore this change might have
something to do with the early change that added seat runners to the
drivers seat.

However, as I say I speculate. We need input from others - please.

Best regards

>I just discovered there were two entirely different sets of bows for 100's.
One

--
John Harper