[Healeys] Showing your car

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 07:08:13 MST 2009

In a message dated 1/13/09 3:11:52 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net writes:

> In addition to the "look at the shiny car" shows which are good PR, and
> driving the cars around do you ever just park your car in the driveway for a
few
> hours on a nice day? (I used to just so I could look out the window and
> enjoy the view).

In my little town, we have a lot of gearheads, so several years ago during a
regional car show we decided we should get together every Saturday morning for
coffee, and to share information, whatever. So at least twice a month, I pull
the Healey out of the garage, dust it off, and drive it the long way down
town for a few hours, when it sits alongside a Ford Model T, a Pierce Arrow
cabriolet, a 69 Boss Mustang, a Wills Ste. Claire, a Triumph TR3, and assorted
other interesting stuff. We see any number of young parents doing their
Saturday
morning shopping with their kids, wandering through with the kids really
amazed
at all the old cars, and their parents telling them the old family stories of
cars once owned.
Whether or not it will foster a love of BRITISH cars, it at least teaches the
kids, and reminds their parents, of the days when not all cars looked alike.
Best,
Gary