[Healeys] Rear brake cylinder removal/install

tld6008 at mchsi.com tld6008 at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 8 13:21:13 MST 2009

 For the life of me I can't figure this out, at least to my satisfaction. I removed my back wheel cylinder to rebuild (1960 BN7), and had a very hard time removing the 2 spring plates holding the cylinder to the back plate. The way they were in  was: large flat large plate  against the backing plate with open end up and the curved plate with the end hooks away from the back plate, opening end down (like the manual shows). The hand brake lever prevented the removal of the curved plate and I had to fight to get the flat one driven out enough to remove both, this just doesn't seem to be right. Attempting reassembly I notice that the hooks on the curved plate ends would lock into the notches in the flat plate but I can't imagine how you would remove it once locked together like that..... So which one goes against the back plate, in what assembly order and if they lock together  what it the proper method of removal?

Thanks

--
Tim Davis BN7