[Healeys] Not (directly) Healey-related

Ron Davies rdavies1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 4 17:21:32 MST 2009

Bob:
Aston Martin and Ferrari recommend Connolly Hide Care (formally Hide Food)
and Connolly Leather cleaner. I say "formally" because the Food and Drug
Administration wouldn't let them sell it in the US with the word "Food" on
the label if people weren't supposed to eat it. Really.

I use it on my 97 DB7 and almost everyone thinks I have a brand new car. I
even won Best of Class (AM) at the 2007 British Car Show in San Diego. Of
course that could have been because I provided champagne and cheese to the
judges.

Unlike the new Astons, the 97 is all leather and wood, no composites, which
is my preference.
Leather: seats, dash, doors, even liner to the soft top.

You can buy it at any Aston Martin Dealership or online through Amazon.
Ron Davies (the other)
SoCal
67 BJ8
97 DB7

My Mustang's leather seats are starting to show a little
age--spider-webby stuff--and I was wondering if the List has
recommendations for a good leather treatment/preservative. I don't want
oily seats, and I'm a bit leery of silicone products, but would like to
slow the aging of the leather. Of course, any good product
recommendations could also benefit the lucky few with leather in their
Healeys.

As always, all replies appreciated.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. -
Henry Ford
Healeys at autox.team.net