[Healeys] Muffler Heat Shield

stevesylvia2 stevesylvia2 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 17:16:13 MST 2009

Hi All,

            I'm in the assembly process with my BN7 and was wondering if a
heat shield was installed under the drivers seat floor pan from the factory.
When I look for heat shields, all I ever find is heat shields for the engine
bay.  Before I had the frame stripped and re-painted, I didn't notice any
studs, or weld marks to suspend a heat shield for the muffler.  Does anyone
know if there is a solution for installing a heat shield under the drivers
floor pan or where I can find one?  I live in Tucson Arizona and its hot
enough here without a muffler adding to it.

Thanks for any assistance,

Steve Meyer '61 BN7