[Healeys] Austin Healey 1959 Metropolita

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 17:18:48 MST 2009

Jack Feldman wrote:
 > One day I was sitting in my friends Met waiting for him. The Met had the
 > same light switch/ignition key set up as the BugEye. They key number was on
 > the ignition switch tumbler. It looked familiar so I took out my Healey key
 > and they were the exact same key! I wonder how often they repeated the keys.

I had a year-old '78 Fiat X1/9.  One Saturday night I was leaving
a party at an apartment complex.  The first car I saw was an X1/9.
I knew it wasn't mine (wrong color), but I had my keys in my hand,
so as I came up to it, I tried the key.

I laughed my arse off when the door unlocked.

Keys and locks certain aren't unique.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2