[Healeys] Air conditioning?

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 22 14:18:00 MST 2009

>From the EPA website:

"...The following people can only buy refrigerant found suitable for use in
a motor vehicle air conditioner (for example, R-12, R-406A, R-414A, R-414B,
etc.), including "small cans" containing less than 20 pounds of R-12:

technicians certified to service motor vehicle air-conditioners
(MVACs) by a Section 609 EPA-certified testing organization ..."

>From what I understand in the law, although R12 is no longer produced it can
be reclaimed, cleaned, and reused by certified technicians.  R22 has a
phase-out date of 2020 but I could not find any date for R12.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031