[Healeys] Texas cooler

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Thu Feb 19 05:58:33 MST 2009

Alan is correct. The seal in the water pump is a carbon ring under spring
pressure against a cast iron surface. If the spring is too strong the seal
wears quickly so the design is such that there is sufficient pressure to
resist the design pressure of the system and little more.
Modern pumps use ceramic seals an can therefore withstand higher spring
pressures.

Michael Salter
100 (1953) #174
AHX12 (1953)