[Healeys] Getting decent quality parts

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Feb 12 23:30:26 MST 2009

The problem is that it is very difficult for the "public" to determine
the quality of goods. As a former consumer researcher I found that there
is not neccesarily a relation between price and quality. So the blame is
not always on the customers buying cheap.
It is mainly some of the trade to blame, they want to make an extra buck
selling low quality stuff for high quality prices, thus muddling the
picture. Dlso seals of approval like the German T|V are no indication of
quality and sometimes even the opposit.
Experienced buyers/restorers have sorted the proper sellers with
knowledge of the goods they are selling from the slick salesman. Novices
have yet to learn.
Kees Oudesluijs