[Healeys] 100 Mystery

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 19:49:20 MST 2009

Listers,

My dad and I are reassembling our 100M. We have a puzzle I'm hoping someone might be able to help with: on our LHD car, there are 2 round holes where the brake and clutch pedals go through. Where the holes are is a raised part of the floorboard, and on the outside (engine bay side) are a couple of thread insert-type nuts. On the passenger side, it's clear these nuts are for a blanking panel with a felt seal, but it seems there should be something on the driver's side but we can't find a part nor a reference to it in the (Moss catalog). Does anyone know what, if anything, goes around the clutch and brake holes? There are small plates on the pedals on which rubber pads ('draft excluders') go, but these don't come near to sealing the 2 round holes (they don't come all the way up to the floorboard, either). It sure seems like there should be some sort of panel to help seal up the area around the pedals--anyone know what goes there?

TIA,
Bob