[Healeys] Subject: Re: degreaser

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Feb 4 02:26:09 MST 2009

I would not worry to much. Oil is a natural product (OK, it is refined
and dopes are added) and thus biodegradable. It is not as bad as the
environment people will let us believe. Just spill some oil on your
driveway and it will be completely gone after a year.
Years ago there was a huge oil spill in the Atlantic near Scotland
during a storm and there was an enormous worry for polluting the coastal
aerea, and right they were to worry. However, because of the storm and
the violent waves the oil was broken down in small particles and quickly
degraded. Practically nothing was to be found afterwards.
Mind you I am not telling you to dump your waste oil, be carefull with
oil spill's, but it is not a disaster when it happens. The only real
reason to avoid oil stains is SWMBO, she will tell you in no uncertain
terms when you leave an oil stain on the drive way.
I do my degreasing on my gravel driveway when she is not at home. No one
the wiser. Never saw any oil stains and the weeds are growing like mad.
Kees Oudesluijs