[Healeys] 4 seater rear seat pans

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Tue Feb 3 10:48:45 MST 2009

Andy,

Nothing on a BJ8 fits straight away! <grin>
As I recall you have new metal in the rear pan surround area? When we are
replacing metal here we use an old pair of original seat pans to use as
indicators to make sure the hole perimeter metal is ground away sufficiently
to allow the pans to fully seat into the openings.
In addition, the orginals seldom had a good all around seal into the
openings, usually due to differences in the contour of the curve down to the
front. The factory usually had all sorts of tricks they used to build up the
surface of the vinyl to meet that of the seat pan flange, from extra foam to
stuffing extra layers of scrap carpet to bring the surrounding vinyl up to
the seat flange.

Rich Chrysler