[Healeys] 4 seater rear seat pans

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:34:10 MST 2009

Guys
Just searched the archives with no joy, I have just drilled the holes in the
rear seat surround to fit the rear seat pans (new surround and pans) and the
pan will stop about 1" from meeting the surround, looking from underneath the
dished part of the pan is catching on the surround. I have measured both and
it does indeed look like the dished part is too wide for the hole.

I tried an old pan and its the same. I can only see two ways out either; file
the edge of the surround, or bend the edge (the lower recessed part that takes
the seal) downwards. I do not really want to do either to a newly painted
chassis. I take it non-one else has this problem and the pans fit straight
away? I did grind the studs of the old pan and it still will not drop into the
hole.

Anyone want a bj8? Any thoughts.
thanks Andy