[Healeys] SoCal members interest only- others may delete

Ron Davies rdavies1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 2 16:46:31 MST 2009

Cars and Coffee in Irvine at the Ford Premier Auto Group, which replaced the
Newport Beach Crystal Cove show, has finally limited attendance in the main
lot (holds 500) to pre 1978 cars!! Exceptions for rare modern cars will be
made on a case by case basis if approved in advance by Freeman via email
(don't have it).

So if you have not been attending because of the huge numbers of "pimp my
ride" Civics with $50k sound systems, now is the time to come on back.

I'm told the final straw was a row of dealer cars for sale and a row of 2008
Evos. As a founding member of Crystal Cove I've always said: "If you bought
it new and you're still making payments, it ain't a classic".

Hope to see you Saturday if it isn't raining too badly (need new wipers).

Ron Davies
Laguna Hills
67 BJ8
97 DB7 (that can no longer go to C&C)