[Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:15:55 MST 2009

My mom had an S800 when we lived in Japan in the 60s when my dad was
flying out of Tachikawa.

For sure the Sprite was pound for pound a more reliable and faster
track car, but the S800 revved over 7500 rpms and sounded like a
Formula 1 racer on the highway.

My dad had one of the old bespoke coachbuilt Nissan Presidents.  He
much preferred that car, at 6'4" he couldn't fit in the S800.

The S800 had the most retarded rear end with an offset live axle &
chain drive to make room for the spare tire....

The engine on the other hand, was pure genius.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Alan

'52 A90