[Healeys] Tire Pressure

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:23:45 MST 2009

No one has mentioned that changing the front /rear ration changes the
handling characteristics. This was needed on two of my cars with serious
over steer. One was a short wheelbase Post Office Jeep, and the other my
MGC, whose handling characteristics are poor at best.

For both of them I had to have higher pressure in the front than in the
rear. Same goes if you want quicker steering. You put more pressure in the
rear tires.

Note that in the pressure chart, there is a front/rear ratio, not the same
pressure all 'round.

Is anyone an expert on this? It probably could use a better explanation.

Jack