[Healeys] YOM again

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:32:54 MST 2009

Bottom line. California DMV does not want YOM plates on your car and will only
allow them if you can prove they either came off the car originally or you can
prove the first sticker (on the bottom of a fat pile of later stickers) on the
plate had the exact year your car was designed for, regardless of year made.
ie, A 64 model year needs to have a 64 sticker on the plate you submit.
Numbers and letters embossed on the plate mean nothing.
If others have had problems with the California DMV regardless of make of the
car, or know any one who is having a problem, please contact me at:
 tahoehealey at hotmail.com.
I would like to start a letter writing campaign to the assembly and senators
to have the law re-defined to be interpreted as it was meant to be
interpreted.
Sorry to bother those who have no interest in this.
Rich Kahn