[Healeys] SU fuelpump repair

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Dec 8 06:53:03 MST 2009

Mike the link provided link is a great resource, as is Dave Dubois, the guy
who created it, like Jeff at advanced distributors except for SU pumps, I
did not actually send my pump to him but he walked me through a rebuild
after mine quit, even sent me a part gatis to replace the diode, can't
remember what it is called, little electrical bit.

Adjusting the throw, there are instructions, but for me was more of a
feel/trial and error sort of thing, but worked fine after rebuild, if you
want to avoid install/reinstall work up a test rig with some tubes and a
cup, I ran marvel mystery oil through mine, a very thin oil, less volatile
than gasoline.

Greg Lemon