[Healeys] Harbor Fright

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 00:38:37 MST 2009

Listmates,
 I always try to buy USA. However, a couple of years ago I needed a pitman arm
puller. Harbor Fright had one for about $6.95. It was dirt cheap and I knew it
was crap, but I figured I would, maybe, only use it once or twice over the
next 20 years after I used it this one time. I mean, why would I spend 3 or 4
times that much for an American made puller if I was only going to use it once
or twice over the next 20 years?  So, I bought it, took it home, and tried to
pull the pitman arm off of my Healey steering box. You guessed it. One of the
arms of the puller snapped off immediately.
Remember this one important thing. If you buy that cheap Chineese shit from
Harbor Fright, and if you don't use it within 30 days after your purchase and
discover it is crap, they will not give you a refund.
And, yes I do know how to spell freight.
  Richard Mayor