[Healeys] Interesting old car pictures

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 3 14:09:09 MST 2009

Everything french has been allocate a gender.  There is no rhyme nor reason
as to which of the two genders the french have decided to use for any
object.  BUT woe is you to choose the wrong gender as you not gain your exam
results and you get laughed at in polite french society.  You get a couple
of months in the Bastille in impolite french society.  If you refer to
something as 'it' - gender neutral - you will be accused of murdering the
french language and spend a couple of years in the Bastille followed by
enforced signing up in the french foreign legion and you may not borrow my
kepi or boots.

Seriously, to the best of my knowledge, there are no rules as to the
allocation of gender to an object.

Guy R Day