[Healeys] restoring cars and welding

Jerry Costanzo grumpyinloomis at ssctv.net
Tue Dec 1 08:22:05 MST 2009

Group,

Just wanted to share some experiences with welding.  I had a MIG welder that
was originally from Harbor Freight or equivalent.  It was always wrapping the
wire into a knot and or not working properly.  I finally asked my wife to take
it to get fixed.  The people at the welding shop said it was a piece of junk
and would not work on it.  My very nice wife bought me a Hobart 189.  After a
few adjustments, I am welding better than I ever have in my life.   Good
equipment works.   I know many of you know how to weld.  As many have said, it
just takes practice and a good welder.

 I have decided that you can't restore a car without a welder and a Dremel.

Jerry
BJ8
BN4