[Healeys] Trailering/AAA Flatbed Danger

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Dec 1 06:46:31 MST 2009

re: "With google maps and Garmin, I guess the only AAA benefit these
days is the towing"

The motel room discounts from AAA all but pay for my subscription; the
maps and the travel guides--very helpful when trying to find a decent,
reasonable motel room--and roadside assistance are a bonus.   Nothing
against GPS, but when you simply want to find the most interesting/fun
route a map works just fine (the 'scenic route' markings on the AAA maps
are usually correct).

AARP has comparable discounts, but (so far) I've refused to join an
organization that wants me just 'cause I'm old.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net