[Healeys] hubs .. splines - autotightening

Dan Stromquist dan at warner-associates.com
Tue Aug 25 11:56:11 MDT 2009

I know a guy (no I will not say) who was checking his fuel pump on his BJ8
(guess which wheel he had to take off) and then forgot to completely tighten
the knock off (because he got distracted) and then remembered a couple of
days later.  When he checked the knock off it was only about the same hand
tightness.  Does not appear to be any damage to the splines, etc.  I don't
think it would be a good idea to just let these tighten up on their own.
How tight should they be?  What are Sharpie index marks?
Dan
BJ8