[Healeys] GPS Info for Dummies

Carr&Edwards scvc70 at epix.net
Thu Aug 20 19:53:35 MDT 2009

Either that or they didn't have the software updated.  On a (carpool) trip
to Pittsburgh last fall, the driver's GPS wasn't aware that I-99 existed and
showed us as driving through an empty "unknown zone" (or some such wording)
after we got on the interstate!

Then we discovered that when there is more than one street with the same
name in an area, they are listed in zip code order--we didn't realize this
until we found ourselves in a section of Pittsburgh that we really didn't
want to be in.... (She'd assumed that the first listing would be closer to
the city center.)

Me, I still like paper maps!

Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA