[Healeys] GPS Info for Dummies

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Thu Aug 20 19:20:37 MDT 2009

Well---what can I say?  I just used mine tonight.  It took me to the very door of the place I wanted to go and there were no AAA charts or written instructions to follow or fool with whikle trying to drive.  My guess is the drivers you talked about didn't plug in the correct info.

To me, anyway, it is a real blessing to have.

tom
---- Len and/or Marge Hartnett <thehartnetts at earthlink.net> wrote:

=============
I have only had three experiences with GPS units.  One was in my son's car.
It only concerned about a 10 mile drive up the Interstate and we already
knew where the destination was and could have done it without the GPS.  It
did, however, give the correctinstructions.  The other two involved GPS
units in other peoples' cars (Healeys) during Healey events.  Being advised
to "follow me.  I have GPS", their units could not get us to the desired
destinations.

So far, a AAA map or Microsoft's Streets and Trips have served me well.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031