[Healeys] GPS Info for Dummies

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Wed Aug 19 22:38:54 MDT 2009

G'day

I am considering buying a GPS Navigator gizmo to use not only in our
everyday cars, but also the Austin-Healey.

I have been doing some Net surfing and have come across lots of sites that
assume that I already know something about them. All the sites I have found
seem to do, is to compare one against the other and not actually go into
what the things do.

So I suppose what I really need is a GPS site for Dummies. My own personal
level of technical expertise is not all that high, however I do know how to
use a desk calculator and have mastered most of my mobile phone. However I
do have regular tussles with the VCR/DVD machine and not always win.

One of the first questions that come to mind is whether a GPS navigator is
suitable for worldwide use or do I have to buy one specific for Australia
and another for the US and so on.

Yes I know this isn't Austin-Healey stuff, but just think of it as you would
be helping out a fellow Austin-Healey owner. No doubt it will give you warm
feelings akin to incontinence while wearing a dark suit. Warm feelings that
doesn't show.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia