[Healeys] Non Healey related Question

dwflagg dwflagg at juno.com
Wed Aug 19 15:10:44 MDT 2009

Our daughter owns a Yamaha Vino scooter which a "friend" agreed to watch
when she moved from D.C. two years ago. She recently relocated back to
D.C. and contacted the "friend" about the scooter. The next day she
received a call from the "friend" saying it had been stolen. Seems that
(as he tells the story) the lock, used to secure the scooter at night,
had broken. Instead of replacing it he claims to have made it look like
it was secured. He admitted it was his fault and would make things right.
Our daughter contacted him with a reasonable offer and never received a
reply. She then said she didn't care about the money and just wanted the
paperwork and her helmet back. Still no reply, although he has an active
face book site.

The question is that we have the VIN number and I wanted to know if there
is a way to track down the title as we suspect foul play and think it may
have been sold, wrecked, or otherwise disposed of. TIA.

Regards,

Doug