[Healeys] 6 cyl + trans lift point

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 9 17:25:40 MDT 2009

Don

Just use the valve cover studs, heres my lift into my bj8:

http://www.austin-healey3000.com/thebigliftengine.htm

it went a lot easier than I thought it would be, with the help of a load
leveller attached to the hoist, just make sure the hoist can lift 320kgs. The
awkward bit is adjusting the angle, dropping the engine a couple of inches,
then rolling the car forward 2 inches using the front tyre to move, then keep
repeating, its also easier with both engine mounts off. Ideally you need 2
people, one to guide the gearbox and stop it rotating, the other to operate
the hoist and move the car. I got my wife to just check the clearance on the
steering column as it went further in.

It was easy to align and mate the gearbox out of the car so I reccomend this
way.

Will not be on the list tomorrow, as wife is being induced and have to go back
first thing in the morning!

cheers Andy