[Healeys] Donald Healey Mini

I Erbs eyera3 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:25:27 MDT 2009

Thank, that was my point. Donald was about getting the most out of a car and
making it your own.
Back when I worked at Austin Healey Enterprises (Reseda, CA) back in the
70s, there was a guy customizing his son's wrecked 100-6 with tooled saddle
leather seats, horn shifter, and western paint color scheme. additionally,
it had a western scene painted on the engine side of the bonnet so you could
see it with it raised. Engine bolts were capped with brass and chrome.
Donald came by to have a car looked at for shipment back to England ( he
commented on having to buy one of his own cars). He saw the custom car and
was impressed with the craftsmanship. I never got the feeling he was
insulted by the efforts.
I do wonder where that car is though......
Ira Erbs
59 BT7

--
I Erbs