[Healeys] Donald Healey Mini

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Fri Aug 7 06:33:09 MDT 2009

G'day Bob

I continue to find it amusing that most of us spend a lot of time and $$$
trying to make our cars look the same and just like when they left the
factory, when DMH was very much an individualist.

There is a fascinating book listing ever single Jensen built. In the entries
of the 541 Coupe there is just one car that wasn't fitted with the original
4-litre Austin straight-six. It was delivered engineless to Donald Healey
who proceeded to fit it with an American V8 and automatic transmission.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia