[Healeys] Little Aussie bleeder!

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 06:23:31 MDT 2009

I wonder if you have got an ageing set of some form of "Easy-bleeder" type
thingies in your brakes.
It might pay you to revert to the original type or to buy some new ones
per:-
http://www.speedbleeder.com/
You'd need part no. SB3824 or choose your preference per below.
SB3824, thread 3/8 X 24,  length 1.29in.
SB3824HD, thread 3/8 X 24, length 1.33in.
SB3824L, thread 3/8 X 24, length 1.53in.
For interest's sake, I recall that mine did a first class job when I first
used them. Thereafter, they seemed to be leaking around the threads! They
come with a sort of PTFE like solidish goo painted on the threads. This,
presumably, is less useful second time around, when it's been opened and
closed as it were. They supply the same goo in a liquid form which you can
paint on for subsequent applications. But having to remove them completely
kind of loses the point of having them in the first place....? Take the
"Easy" out of the bleeding.
I've always hated bleeding brakes....messy, frustrating, often futile and
always with some snag.
Simon.