[Healeys] Smittys and Speedo

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 22 11:05:39 MDT 2009

In speedometers that have failed on me, the problem you describe has been
due to the small 'nylon' or plastic gears that drive the numbers splitting
on their shafts causing two teeth to have a wider gap between them.  The
driving gear then jams up where split because it can not mesh properly.
Replacement of the broken gear has solved the problem.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031