[Healeys] Charging system

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 12:15:48 MDT 2009

Charlie -

Your VR probably worked just fine before you screwed everything up
with a new harness with new wires and a rebuilt generator!

If your battery was a bit low from sitting for a while and you started
the car, it may have been enough to fry the contacts on your VR.

Yes I have adjusted the VR on my car - in fact I would say it is one
of the most important overlooked maint. jobs on a stock healey.  New
VRs are often not adjusted correctly and old ones will often work
their way out adjustment when the contacts get burned.

Pop the cover and see if the contacts look burned or warped - If so
you usually can fix it with a little fiddling.

Alan