[Healeys] Charging system

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 11:59:45 MDT 2009

Yesterday I got my BT7 tricarb running again after a several year
cosmetic restoration.  I had done the engine some years previously.
This latest work also included a new wiring harness and a Smitty 5 speed
conversion.
Before starting the car I verified that all of the electrical systems
worked, but after starting saw that the charging light was on.  Before
the project everything had worked.  I checked the generator in-situ as
outlined in the factory manual and it showed to be putting out fine.  I
also checked all of the connections at the regulator for the correct
location and tightness, including the ground.and where it attaches to
the body.
All seems fine, so before I blame the voltage regulator ( that worked
fine previously), is there anywhere else that I should be looking?
Perhaps taking the overdrive circuit out of the mix?
Any suggestions are welcome.
BTW, does anyone actually change the settings on the regulator?  It
worked before, why would it not now?  It seems akin to the instructions
in the manual for taking apart the clutch cover.
Thanks.
Charlie Baldwin

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of mgcharlie.vcf]