[Healeys] Hub bolt insert procedure - Late BN1 to BJ8

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 17 18:06:38 MDT 2009

Not sure if this holds true for rear hubs but I just sent this question to
the list on my BT7 front hubs.
Rather than bore you with everything that I tried to get the old studs to
work in the new hubs
this is what I found.

There was a slip of paper in the other front hub stating that Moss now sells
BJ8 hubs for all big Healeys.
The old serrated studs are no longer used. They won't fit, Dah.     Hardened
grade bolts with lock nuts are now suppose to be used.

Sure wish they put the slip of paper in both hubs.

And now you know,   Could this be the same for the rears Alan?

FWIW,  After banging and heating my front hub,   I was able to get my studs
in , but they were not all perfectly straight so
I removed all of them and am now using the hardened bolts as Moss suggests.
I found an article later,  that suggested having a machine
shop press serrated studs into the hubs to eliminate the banging action.

Still learning after all these years,

Mark