[Healeys] Radiator paint

Mirek Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 14 19:24:14 MDT 2009

Ed B.,

The entire rad is painted black (gloss or semi gloss) and the fan shroud is
painted red afterwards and is brush painted, not sprayed.  The red is best
described as Chinese red - it is quite bright and should be gloss and has
nothing to do with the exterior colour - as far as I know, no Healey was
painted the same red that the fan shroud was.  All identification plates
were black as the rest of the rad.  I have spray painted my own rads with a
spray bomb of good quality paint with excellent results - no need to have it
done at a shop.

The fan shroud just goes across the header tank, not down the sides.  This
is available as a separate part very inexpensively and you would be best off
to buy it and have it soldered on.  It was originally held by three spots of
solder and unless someone has purposely removed them, they are usually
visible on rads where the shroud has become detached.

Cheers,

Mirek
60 BT7