[Healeys] Hardtop Fasteners

INSIDEDIM at aol.com INSIDEDIM at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 04:00:32 MDT 2009

Mirek,

Look up a local "fasteners/nut and bolt" store in your area.  If they  make
them, your store can order them.

Bill

In a message dated 4/12/2009 10:30:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca writes:

Hi  all,

I am overhauling a factory hardtop and need the screws that secure  the
toggle
clamps to the top rail of the windshield.  I am pretty sure  (but would
welcome
being corrected) that these are 8-36, chrome, Phillips  oval head, 1/2"
long.
Stainless would be fine as it can be polished  up.

I can't find these at any of my normal suppliers (although I can  get pan
head
8-36, so the this thread type is around).

If anyone has  a source for these or has 4 they are willing to part with,
please let me  know.

I know I can re-tap the holes to something more common but would  rather
not do
this to a very original  hardtop.

cheers,

Mirek