[Healeys] Breaking rusted bolts

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 11 18:45:33 MDT 2009

No one that lived to tell about it.

For the life of me I will never understand why
any one would even consider using a product that is an absolute known
carcinogen
just to remove or clean a rusted part.    There are enough products to use
now that
won't kill you , but may take a bit longer to derust,  but still do the job.
Personally I'll
take the longer route.

I can remember a couple of life shortening stories from some of our old list
buddies that
were pretty insistent that their serious health problems were brought on by
not using
precautionary measures when using hazardous products during hobby time.

Just the slightest scent of acetone makes me want to head for the hills.

Use what you want gentlemen, but think first.

Mark