[Healeys] Searching for my BT7...

sbyers sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Apr 6 10:18:04 MDT 2009

A typical good reason for all Healey owners to make sure that their car is
entered in the appropriate registry.

Registries don't exist to violate anyone's privacy, nor do they do so, but
having your car on record can help people like Lady Monet have a chance at
locating a cherished car they once owned -- or some future owner of your car
who is interested in finding out who owned the car before them.
There have been many occasions where someone contacted me for help in
tracking down a BJ8 they used to own, with the desire to buy it back
whatever the cost.  Or wanted to give to the current owner the original
driver's handbook, Passport to Service, or license plate or old photos which
they still had in their possession.  Or were just curious if the car still
survives.

The current AHCA keeper of the BT7 registry is Bill Naretta:
mcroof at ameritech.net if the car is not a tricarb, or Bill Bolton:
tricarb at aol.com if it is a tricarb.  Bill Naretta is not on the list, to my
knowledge.  Bill Bolton may be.  They will probably need the VIN, since the
California license plate is not traceable.  California no longer has vehicle
registration records on inactive registrations younger than 4 years.
If no VIN is available, one source might be the archives of the insurance
company that insured the car.

Robert, no contact information for Lady Monet was included with your post.
Perhaps you could forward my response to her.

Thanks,

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry