[Healeys] Bringing it back to life, little spark, maybe coil - ROTOR PROBABLY

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 20:50:10 MST 2008

Resend - while we wait for the pope to decide on number of bits .....

Robert N. Blair  65 Yellow BJ8  rnbmail at yahoo.com

> From: Robert Blair <rnbmail at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bringing it back to life, little spark, maybe coil
> To: "Healey List" <healeys at autox.team.net>, "Bob Spidell"
<bspidell at comcast.net>
> Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 8:41 PM

> All, vis a vis the prince of darkness, following my full resto I have had
two AAA flat bed deals, and three new rotors - all different in appearance and
apparently manufacturers.

> The message - BEWARE current rotor quality - BIG TIME.
> They seems to be breaking down all over the place - ie ht at the disti cap
input, but no ht at the output to the plugs.  Rumor has it that the compound
is bad and breaking down and allowing a short to ground - once the path is
there the rotor is shot.  Ususally invisible to the eye.