[Healeys] 100 Girling shocks

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Fri Oct 24 10:08:58 MDT 2008

Thanks Rich.  I have old Girling catalogs which show them as
replacements, but I can't determine if the few that we have gotten
over the years as cores  were originally factory fitted to the cars,
or had been replacements.  From what I can ascertain, the timing is
about right for when MG changed from Girling as original on TDs to
Armstrong as original.  That happened in 55 or so. The inner fenders
on TDs had to be altered to accept the taller Armstrong shock. Did
the BN1 go through a similar inner fender change? I suspect Girling
lost the contact for lever shocks to the various BMC factories around
that time, but have no real documentation.
         The April 1954 owner's handbook I have pictures the Armstrong shocks.

         Interesting.

Peter C.
==