[Healeys] 100 Girling shocks

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Oct 24 09:51:01 MDT 2008

Peter,

The only Girling shocks I have ever personally seen are on the first
production car, BN1L 138031. They have quite different bodies with a big
round cap on the top. I have heard of a few other very early cars having
them, but no pattern has been able to be substantiated as yet. The Spare
parts List does not refer to anything other than the Armstrong shock. Of
course 55 years after the fact, many have likey been traded out for the
Armstrong replacements.
If anybody can send me the feedback about your car being fitted with Girling
shocks, please respond with chassis and body number and build date if
possible and maybe we can document this on the Hundred Registry. I can let
you all know of any pattern that develops.

Rich Chrysler
Hundred Registrar