[Healeys] BN1 Batch Number

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Mon Oct 13 10:17:13 MDT 2008

Craig,

Sorry to not get back to you before now, I've been away for the last few
days. I see you've had a lot of discussion on the list trying to sort your
batch and body numbers.

It has been suggested to me by Hundred Registry contributor Steve Mickelson
that your Body number could well be 890, and not 390. This could easily have
been misread due to a poor stamping of the 8. I think this may be the case.

This would land your car right into the correct sequence of date built,
chassis number, batch and body number. Therefore your batch number would
surely be 4467. I would suggest you check your number plate carefuly to see
if the body number may well start with an 8, and please let me know.

I agree with John Harper that your batch number for BN1 227026 body 9578 is
likely batch 5400, having been built 1st July '55.

The body number stamping on the bonnet should be located along the left
outer edge, about 10" or so forward of the rear corner curvature. You may
not see the number for two reasons. 1. it's full of paint, or 2. it may not
have any number stamped there at all if it has been a replacement from over
the dealer's counter, in other words, not original to the car. Of course
your early car's bonnet skin will be aluminum, the later one will be steel.

Rich Chrysler