[Healeys] BN1 Batch Number

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 06:09:08 MDT 2008

Craig

May I first set the record straight regarding those who kindly recommend
that you contact me. I don't just keep the UK 100 Register but one that
is close to being called a Worldwide Register. However I will not claim
this for reason below.

For well over 20 years we have collected car and owner information from
all over the world. We have received over these years many very useful
inputs from numerous countries where 100s reside. Our WEB site also
attracts entries on a Worldwide basis. I have been striving for a
worldwide register for some time but there had, for about 10 years, been
a weakness in North America. I partially filled this gap by receiving
and publishing information from the AHCA and many other North American
inputs but without a known and active contact this was to say the least
second best.

Very fortunately about a year ago Rich Chrysler stepped into the gap and
recovered as many old and existing North American registers as he could
with the help of other supporters.

Rich and I now share our North American Registers and when I get the
time the additional entries that Rich has provided will be added to our
WEB site.

Meantime I can answer queries from all databases.

Therefore I believe that between us it would not be unreasonable to
claim that we now have a 100 Worldwide Register. We certainly have the
largest with the longest history.

Now to the specific query

body number 390 almost certainly batch number 4360

9578    is highly likely to be 5400

Please see below an extract from our database showing the information of
cars close to yours.

As with everything one cannot be 100% certain of what has been deducted
but as I have not seen body numbers outside the range of a specific
batch of numbers I believe that you can be fairly confident that these
numbers are correct. Now that you have these numbers perhaps you could
look again at what you have and see if these numbers fit what little you
can see on the originals and let us know.

Chassis Batch   Body

145435          4360    385
149659                  390
145427          4360    407