[Healeys] Oil to Rockers

Marvin James britcrs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 18:27:27 MDT 2008

I just fired up my rebuilt 100 engine intending to break in the cam/tappets.
It runs great and I was doing the 1500 to 2500 RPM thing and watching the
rockers. Quickly apparent no oil to the rockers. Oil pressure was a solid 50
PSI. Disconnected the tube from the head to the rockers and confirmed no
oil. Any ideas? My thoughts are:
Junk blocking an oil passage. Block was cleaned and looked good (when bare)
Head gasket upside down. Don't think this probable
Cam bearing clocked wrong and blocking passage. I was pretty careful with
this but I've screwed up before.
Blocked passage in head. This is a new Denis Welch Aluminium head.
I'm leaning towards the cam bearings unless someone has another idea. Groan
I'd love for someone to tell me I have the headgasket installed wrong.

Marv J