[Healeys] cigar lighter

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Nov 30 13:36:06 MST 2008

The BJ8 Registry records 36 cars with cigar lighters as they left the
factory based on BMIHT information.  Of these, 29 were in Personal Export
Delivery cars for the USA, two were in Personal Export Delivery cars for
Germany and Italy, two were for "Destination: USA", and three were in cars
for which the Destination was not specified.  I suspect that the lighters
were only installed in cars that were special order.

My BJ8 has a cigar lighter installed in the same place as PG's.  It was not
listed on the BMIHT certificate, so I assume it was installed after the car
left the factory.  PG's lighter was listed as factory equipment on the BMIHT
certificate.

After earlier discussions of the "factory" lighter location, I attempted to
contact all of the owners of the cars that had lighters listed as factory
equipment to determine where they were located.  None of them responded to
my queries.

I have always used my lighter outlet to power a gooseneck lamp, and after
conversion to negative ground for charging cellphones and batteries.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA