[Healeys] County parts

Mr. Bill bn1 at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 25 15:33:08 MST 2008

Hi Gary,

I thought some of the Pros would answer this.  It's been a long time
since I've built an engine but I'll answer it and if I'm wrong, I'm sure
we'll hear about it :-)

IIRC you can tell a convex grind by looking at the tappet straight
down.  The grind marks will be a circular swirl from the center point
outwards.  Also, you can lay a straight edge across it and feel a slight
teeter-totter rocking motion and see a bit of light under one side of
the edge.

HTH

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1