[Healeys] engine/tranny re-install

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Nov 21 17:57:17 MST 2008

Brad, I have done this job twice.  I would say it is easier to install the
engine first, then the gearbox.  You will be queasy enough with that 600 or
700 pound engine hanging and swaying above your aluminum shroud.  The engine
goes back in at a steep angle with minimum clearance, and I'm not sure it is
even possible to install it with the gearbox attached.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC where it is in the mid-60s