[Healeys] Not Healey (Back to Gas)

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:32:49 MDT 2008

Steve nailed it, you put fuel into the head space.

Then there was the time the pump said I put 18+ gallons into my MGB.  When I
saw the pump reading, I freaked and opened the trunk expecting to find it
full of fuel (It wasn't).
I complained to the gas station owner, he said I had an 18 gallon tank.
I pulled out a copy of my shop manual and showed him the size of the tank.
(Doesn't every car owner carry a shop manual with them?)
He said I had a non-stock tank.
I asked him if he was a betting man, and did he have a couple of antifreeze
containers as I had an electric fuel pump and some time to kill.  I told him
that if he could get 18 gallons out of my car, I would give him an hour to
gather a crowd and I would kiss his ass on main street.
He gave up and charged me for 12 gallons.
Yes I did report that one to weights and measures.