[Healeys] Not Healey (Back to Gas)

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu May 29 05:50:52 MDT 2008

Don, if you take a typical 1 gallon milk jug and pour liquid into it from a graduated container, you'll find that 1 gallon is significantly shy of filling the container to the top.  I would guess that the same is true of your 7 gallon container.  If you filled yours to the top, I'm sure it would be more than 7 gallons exactly.
Most (probably all) states do ensure that the pumps are calibrated correctly and then sealed to prevent the public from being ripped off.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC